Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hoodies

The first three pics which were taken at a school in Ilovo, KZN South Africa called Siyabonga (translates as "we thank you"). The man is a facilitator called Mle who works on the GOLD program, the second is a year 10 student from the same school. I asked a couple of kids to hang back for some pics after class and they were more then happy to, so happy that most of the class stayed when I only wanted to photo this girl with the hood and a boy with a couple of gold caps on his teeth. His photos aren't here and I may or may not use them, it would seem that after wanting to photograph him because of his cool teeth (he has a couple of gold caps, it is a fashion thing here) I forgot to make sure I could see them in the photo...

Anyway, I digress.

I was editing these first three photos when I remembered a couple of self portraits I had taken just before I left Australia 5 months ago. I remembered the hoods and thought I would finally have a look at those photos. Here are the results. Let me know what you think, comments help me improve my pics.





No comments: