Thursday, December 11, 2008

Umlazi k Section - My Pics 1

Here are my pics from our trip to Umlazi, K Section

This first one I love, I took allot of this girl with the dog. This is the only one I have edited so far and the only one I will put up but I love them all!
She had a gorgeous smile, pitty about the fat kid. lol
We were amongst the informal housing going for a bit of a walk when this man approached Cate. It was quite sad, he was mentally retarded in someway (i'm no doctor, but he clearly had some form of retardation), and was known by the locals we spoke to. They said that his family didn't care for him properly.

He took a liking to Cate, her mistake being giving him a kiss on the cheek upon his request when he came up to her. White people (especially girls) get allot of attention in places we work, especially here in the middle of nowhere as it is so strange to see them there. It would be a pretty safe bet to say that we were the only white people there since I last visited a couple of months ago. Word gets out and people come out side their house and stare.

Culturally guys will annoy the girls (and people generally) until it pisses everyone off, though in there culture it is rude to interrupt or ask someone to go away so people just listen to it. Though it can get ridiculus and i ended up having to tell this guy and a couple of others that day to piss off (in Zulu). I did try more politely before that but these guys couldn't take a hint.
One of Thembisa's sisters dancing on the road.

Cate and Thembisa's youngest sister. Luckily despite considering it Cate did not abduct this child despie being tempted by how cute the kids were. Probably a good thing, they are only cute for so long...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

first picture and last picture, EPIC!!!

Very interesting posts! I love these posts better - when you actually describe things in more details than just pictures and let us wondering what they are, and what happened.

Dan said...

Yeah, I know. I have tried... But I hates it!!! I will try, keep reminding me!!!