Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's on!!!

I just sent a message to a couple of friends of mine challenging them to a photo off!!!

I decided to do it for fun, but to help me learn about photography. I recently realised that I was taking photos with one aim, to take a nice, interesting or cool looking photo. This works reasonably well for me, though in order to progress with my photography I need to think more about the photo before I take it. Think about what I am trying to say with the photo and about how the changes I make to settings etc when taking the shot will affect my editing.

The idea of the challenge is that because I am setting out to take a particular type of photograph, and a good one at that, I will be forced to think about these things. I will have to if I am going to compete with them as they are very good photographers.

The challenge is this: Each photographer has one week to take, edit and upload their photo. The photo must be an ID, this is a self portrait which generally includes the camera, see here for examples.

There are no rules (except that it must be a new photo taken especially for this), any equipment can be used and editing is allowed. The photo's must be uploaded to Facebook and a messgae sent to the other photographers informing them of your entry by 5pm wed 24th Dec 08. That's next wed! If anyone reads this and want's in on our little game let me know.

Oh, P.S Winner buys everyone ice cream next time they see them!

People I have challenged so far:
Ehon
Doug
Matt
Mark
Betsy

No comments: